Approximately 60% of our bodies consist of water. It is an essential component for the effective functioning of all organs.
- Skin benefits of drinking water, allows for an adequate daily intake of water for men is 3 liters and for women 2.2 liters.
- In wintertime, it may be difficult for some to obtain their adequate intake of water.
- Infuse hot water with fruits, spice, and herbal teas to get the benefit of both.
- A multitude of suggestions is available online.
Here are a few of the skin benefits of drinking water - particularly pertaining to your skin:
Blood flow is increased.
- This means your skin can receive all the necessary oxygen and beneficial nutrients it requires.
Water helps to flush out toxins.
When we are well hydrated our lymphatic system can also function optimally.
- This system helps to remove harmful toxins.
Delay the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Optimal hydration helps to maintain skin moisture.
- When your skin is well hydrated it appears less dry and wrinkled.
Symptoms of common skin conditions are improved.
- The negative symptoms of conditions like psoriasis and eczema are reduced when the skin is well hydrated.
A cold water compress can help to relieve under eye puffiness.
To do water therapy at home:
- Soak a washcloth in hot water and lay it on your face for 1-2 minutes.
- Then splash your face with cold water for 15 seconds.
- This helps to invigorate and tighten the skin which reduces the appearance of redness and puffiness.